Cr!ptAES Free Encryption Tool
Cr!ptAES (read Cript-AES) is a free and easy to use GUI tool to encrypt files. Cr!ptAES comes handy to send encrypted files over the Internet, or over a private network, or just to protect sensitive local files with a password.
Cr!ptAES encrypts files as streams in CBC mode with one of the following encryption algorithms:
- AES - 128, 192, or 256 bit keys
- Blowfish - 128, 192, 256, or 448 bit keys
- Serpent - 128, 192, or 256 bit keys
Key generation is based on PKCS#5 and SHA256. PKCS#5 and SHA512 is used to generate keys for Blowfish 448 bit.
Other features of Cr!ptAES:
- Calculates SHA256 finger prints for files, and finds and lists the equal files.
- Safely wipes (unrecoverably deletes) files and folders.
- Lists information about the input files and folders, such as, the set of file extensions, empty files, etc.
The main Cr!ptAES window:
- Version 1.2.8 - Minor GUI improvements.
- Version 1.2.7 - Minor improvements.
- Version 1.2.6 - Interface improvements.
- Version 1.2.5 - Bug fixes.
- Version 1.2.4 - Salt size changed to be equal to key size. Files encrypted with the old versions with keys bigger than 128 bits cannot be decrypted with this version. The old version is available for free upon request. Use the newer versions for new files. The encryption format is now stable and will not change any more.
- Version 1.2.3 - Bug fixes. Added support for Blowfish and Serpent.
- Version 1.2.2 - Bug fixes.
- Version 1.2.1 - Added support to change the default suffix.
- Version 1.2.0 - Bug fixes, added support for finger prints and file wipe.
- Version 1.1.0 - Improved interface functionality.
- Version 1.0.0
Both the pre-compiled binary (EXE) and the source code are provided below as a free download for personal use only. For all other uses of the binary, or the source code please contact the author.
Free secure encryption tool. Get your copy now!
|1.2.8||binary||~215KB||Windows Installer setup creates program shortcuts and associates the *.cript files, so you can easily decrypt them with two-three clicks. To install a newer version, unistall the old one first.|
|1.2.8||binary||~110KB||The program EXE zipped. This is what is needed most of the time when not home. Unzip and run. To uninstall close the program and delete the files.|
PAD file: http://madebits.com/criptaes/pad.xml
Cr!ptAES requires the Microsoft .NET Framework, and will run with any .NET version. Download the setup files from this site in order to get a safe version.
See also: AES command-line tool.